Operation Christmas Child
How to pack a shoebox for Calvary
- Shoebox – Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). You can wrap the box and lid separately, but wrapping is not required.
- Boy or Girl – Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category; 2-4; 5-9; or 10-14
- Fill with gifts – Fill the box with a variety of quality gifts that will bring delight to a child (see below for Gift Suggestions)
- Pray – Ask God to use your gifts to show His love to the child who will receive your shoebox.
- Drop Off – Calvary Bible Chapel will be accepting shoeboxes from November 1, 2014 until November 23, 2014. Please drop off shoeboxes to Calvary only during our services on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. On November 23 we will have a special dedication service, where we will pray over the donated shoeboxes. They will then be dropped off to our designated distribution center after the 11am service.
Shoebox Gift Suggestions
- All Ages
- TOYS! Start with a central item that a child will cherish, like a beautiful doll, a detailed soccer ball with a pump, or a plush stuffed animal. Then add quality items like cars, musical instruments, puzzles, jump ropes, etc.
- School Supplies
- Such as pencils, pens, crayons, notebooks. coloring books, etc.
- Hygiene Items
- Such as toothbrushes, bar soap, washcloths, combs, etc.
- Such as socks, hats, t-shirts, flip-flops, hair bands, sunglasses, etc.
- A Personal Note
- And a photo of you and your family/group. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Younger Children
- Blankets, sticker and picture books, blocks, finger puppets, pages of colorful stickers
- Older children
- Small tools, measures, sewing kits, fabric squares, etc; deflated balls with pumps and needles; solar calculators, rulers, scissors; jewelry; deodorant
- What NOT to Include
- Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knifes or military figures; seeds; chocolate or food; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.